Before booking an appointment, you will need to create a use profile with WCONLINE.
- Click on the “Register for an account” link in the left-hand column.
- Use your STU email account when registering.
- Under Email Options, we recommend that you keep all the options under “Send an email” set to “Yes” so that you’ll receive important reminders about your appointments.
- If you prefer to receive these notifications by text (especially helpful if you use our waitlist function!), you have the option of entering a phone number.
- If you want a way to easily add your Writing Centre appointments to another calendar app (e.g. Outlook, Google Calendar, Apple’s iCal), select Yes under “Include an iCal link?”
You will receive a confirmation email when you first register.
Students can book up to two 50-minute appointments per week, one per day (availability permitting).
All appointments are booked online. Sign in with your WCONLINE account to see our calendar, view your appointments (in gold), and select from available appointments (in white). An automatic email will be sent to your Gmail account confirming your appointment.
The Writing Centre requires at least 24 hours’ notice for cancellations. You can cancel an appointment online at http://mywco.com/stu.
Please note that students who cancel on short notice or who do not show up for their appointments will be barred from using the Writing Centre in the future.
Preparing for Appointments
When you come to your appointment, make sure to bring
- 2 printed copies of your assignment
OR 1 printed copy (for us) and your laptop (for you)
- your assignment guidelines
- any questions you have about your assignment, or about writing in general
During your appointment, you will meet with a tutor one-on-one to discuss your assignment. Tutors do not correct your paper for you: instead, they read through a copy of your assignment, point out potential problems, and make suggestions on how you might solve those problems. You—the author—decide which changes to make.